What Personal Information About Customers Does ReadersShoppe.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at ReadersShoppe.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses ReadersShoppe.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of ReadersShoppe.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from ReadersShoppe.com if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. At any time you may ask us to stop sending you commercial e-mail by sending your request to info@ReadersShoppe.com. Also, each commercial e-mail we send to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features, such the storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits and personalized ads on other Web sites.
Does ReadersShoppe.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we're not in the business of selling it to others.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at ReadersShoppe.com or sell offerings to you at ReadersShoppe.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes, we send offers to selected groups of ReadersShoppe.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don't give that business your name and address
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that ReadersShoppe.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of ReadersShoppe.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ReadersShoppe.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you'll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you'll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer.
- Some of our affiliated businesses and service providers are located outside Canada, including in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, stored and processed outside of Canada for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
ReadersShoppe.com may also display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on ReadersShoppe.com. Although ReadersShoppe.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the Eastern India who bought or browsed for classical music).
Which Information Can I Access?
ReadersShoppe.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with ReadersShoppe.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you always can choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such ReadersShoppe.com features as the Shopping Basket.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- At any time you may ask us to stop sending you commercial e-mail by sending your request to info@ReadersShoppe.com. Also, each commercial e-mail we send to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail.